No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Monday, January 01, 2007

Review of the year

Knitted projects completed during 2006:-

Jumper - 1
Cardigans - 2
Scarves – 3 (including 2 handspun)
Bags – 11 (including 4 handspun)
Socks – 5 pairs (including 3 handspun)
Baby shawl - 1

A grand total of 23 items, 11 of which are still with me, while the rest have gone to other homes.

There doesn’t seem to have been much spinning, but there were a lot of bags.

In 2007 I plan to spin all the fleeces which are in the house today. When I told my dad this he assumed this meant I would not be buying more until they were all done. How wrong could he be?? I am not limiting myself on purchases as I prefer my resolutions to be positive rather than negative. The kitchen will of course smell of sheep for the next month or so as I only ever wash a bucketful at a time. My other intent is to knit jumpers out of 4 lots of yarn.

Currently on the needles is another baby blanket

– rather purple as I dislike pastel colours, plus Mariah and a new jumper started today to use up the madder dyed handspun. I’m using two strands together, light and dark so it will have quite a tweedy effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home