No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday Monday

Another bank holiday weekend when I have failed to arrange to visit the seaside. I have a little list of things to do, and one was to cycle to Wolverhampton along the canal. Considering how urban the area is it’s lovely and country-like. On the way there I saw perhaps twenty blokes fishing, including one in a wheelchair. On the way back said wheelchair was loaded high with fishing equipment. Not only was it a fine mode of transport but it was probably a lot more comfy sat staring into the canal sitting in it than on one of the standard boxes. I was impressed with the bloke’s resourcefulness. Sadly no baby ducks, but there were a couple of families with baby coots, confusingly with fluffy red heads like moorhens.
I’ve joined freecycle and got rid of a spare vacuum and a bookcase so far. I’m now poking in cupboards to see what else can find a new home.



The knitting does continues. This very poor picture was my oldest UFO. It only needed buttons sewing on, so I trotted up to my LYS last Saturday, bought some and to save losing this set (the third I’d bought for this jumper) promptly sewed them on while listening to the Eurovision song contest. I personally think it’s lost a lot since most countries have opted to sing in English. I voted for Germany and Finland. As the cardi no longer fits me I’ve sent it to Niece Number three (and the russet rucksack to her mother)

The rain is currently preventing me from hacking the buddleia down. It’s almost as wide as the house due to not being trimmed at all last year. I shall just have to carry on cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home