No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Serendipity

I’ve been off work today with a stinking cold. Sat at my computer by the window in the front bedroom this morning I saw a Royal Mail van pull up and the driver headed in this direction. I legged it downstairs (still in PJs at 10.30) and said good job I’m off sick and the nice man not only gave me a parcel but gave me my milk which was still on the step.

Enough ramblings. It was a gorgeous package of wool and other fibres from Emma, my Handspun Skein spoiler who had stood in after my original spoiler flaked, all comprehensively labelled. The package is for both Jan and Feb. First up – this is actually purple, not blue. It’s Romney and mohair, beautifully subtly variegated with a nice sheen. More serendipity as I was just thinking of finally joining the hordes knitting fingerless mittens. I have got up to the first repeat of these
Second up - Manx Loughtan and Border Leicester with laceweight Shetland ties dyed with madder and cochineal. Spookily I have just been thinking about getting a Manx Loughtan as I know a couple through my Guild who have a flat there.

Third up – a merino/silk mix roving in pretty pinks and green for me to spin. It is such an edible colourway. And there is a calm candle and a Lush bathbomb too.
An ENORMOUS THANK YOU EMMA. Your spinning is superb and makes me itch to get at my wheel and try things out and improve my own. And even better while I have finished typing this, I realise I can breathe again and haven't sneezed for ages. The power of wool!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you like everything !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home