No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mitts

These were finished in about three days, but I have been a slow blogger at showing them. The picture is a bit dark, and you can’t see the cabling very well. These are from the lovely bluey/purpley yarn from Emma. I took the opportunity to get my mum to model them. While the parents were staying dad enquired what was the thing next to the kettle. I wearily said it was a warping post, for winding longer skeins than my niddy noddy will allow. The words pass dad by. If ever I start to talk about textiles on our weekly phone call he says “I’ll get your mum”. I personally see it as retaliation for the obscure things he tells me about chapels, trains and 19th century non-conformists.
Now I must start writing a shopping list for Skipnorth. This won't preclude impulse buys but I have a couple of projects to do including the Rogue which Kadi sent me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home