No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Skipnorth Part I

I went with a shopping list and bought all four things on it. And a little bit more. It all added up to about 7kilos of wool, about a tenth of that is stuff to spin.

And then I came home to find a friend has sent me the link to Shaun the Sheep website and is recording it on DVD for me. I don’t have a telly so this is good news.

First stop – Texere which was actually en route. I’d already checked the website and knew what I wanted. Troon for Rogue, white 4ply lambswool to dye, 4ply merino for a birthday cardi for my mum, plus a little bit of Freedom wool to felt.

Second stop – Procion dyeing workshop in the members’ kitchen at the youth hostel, hosted by Liz. My skein was very sorry looking after I’d dyed it as I was far too mean with the amount and numbers of dye I used. Other people’s skeins were luscious, but I took no photos of them - the dyed yarn is what Liz brought with her.


And a view from the back of the hostel towards Haworth itself.


As a committed non-dieter I think I managed to be at the front of the dinner queue for every meal. My mother would have been mortified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home