No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Skipnorth Part III

Sunday’s shop was Wingham wool which had changed a bit since my only other visit ten years ago. They produce a good assortment of yarn now, but unless they were hiding it, I couldn’t see the interesting mixes I had been after for spinning (not rainbow rovings). I have memories of lovely wool with cotton which was like candy floss rather than like sterile roving. Didn’t stop me buying rovings: clockwise Cheviot in the large bag, possum/merino (just because of Sue from New Zealand), a history book on silk, some divine BFL/silk mix, and a small amount of Wensleydale curls

Then we returned to the hostel for a final chilling out time, and Wye Sue drove me home.
Lixie and Nic did a fab job of counting us at regular intervals, herding us and organising the whole shebang which made some woolly people very happy. Thank you to both. And to my fellow Skipnorthers – thanks for your company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home