No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Sunday, December 30, 2007

September

Well the boring cardi got finished. It’s King Cole merino 4 ply which I found a bit splitty

and as I suspected it was a smite too small for my mum, but she said she didn’t normally do cardis up anyway so it wasn’t a problem. The teddy bear for Niece Number One was also finished. Once I was used to the yarn it was easy enough to knit. The sewing up though reminded me why I don’t like making toys as I hate all those short seams. Boy did it look cute though, even my brother-in-law couldn’t hold himself back from being impressed. I forced Bex to practice her knitting before giving it to her.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 pm, Blogger TutleyMutley said…

    I'm glad someone else gets an end product that isn't precisely the size called for - yours looks better than the cardi I knit my mother - which (as I used colinette) actually had two different colour sleeves! I'm thinking dyeing it might help.
    I like NBKs though as this pattern looks perfect...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home