No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Friday, April 13, 2007

Time to catch up

A while ago I went to Venice by train. I would only recommend the overnight from Paris if you are a heavy sleeper. My fellow passengers were suitably entertaining.
It was every bit as beautiful as it appears in any pictures you have seen of it. I was only there for four whole days and could have easily spent longer. A shame for all the people I know who have only ever had day trips there. And I found a wool shop. A nice one. I don’t speak Italian and the keeper had very little English but I opened my bag to show her my WIP and she showed me the large chevron coat she was knitting. The international language of wool. And I only bought four balls.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Venice is so beautiful, especially at this time of year. The summer can be awful. Too hot, too many people and too much stinky seaweed !
    My father came from the mountains just north of Venice. Sigh...
    And you bought wool ! Fab !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home