No such thing as too much wool

Wool ramblings, spinning, dyeing and knitting

Monday, September 04, 2006

THANK YOU

A very big thank you to my Secret Pal Mo who has been spoiling me for the last 3 ½ months. The final package arrived today (huzzah it fitted through the letterbox). (and in your honour I have finally found out how to put a link in!)

This is what it looked like all smart in its ribbon



And this really does not do the colours justice; it’s all shades of green and pinks and purple and yellow.


It’s Noro which I have only ever seen on blogs, never in the flesh before. Mo had meant to send me some for a booga bag, but got the silk/mohair/lambswool mix instead. It is beautifully soft which means I have to keep stroking it! I am already enjoying reading Mo’s blog.

Other textiles, I am dyeing yarn for my dad's jumper. He will not be getting the Gotland as it will be too thick for him, so I looked through the stash while him and mum were visiting last weekend, found enough white DK (100% wool but not particularly soft), and am making it blue. I am having to dye it in three lots as none of my pans are large enough, and the first batch is not too even. Still it makes it more interesting and less solid...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home